Thursday, September 17, 2009

Reflection

The vocabulary words used in this class have helped my notice other words around me. I am now in the habit of looking for words that I am not familiar with as I read, and finding out what it means and how to use it in a sentence. After discovering a new word, I learn it and try to use it in everyday conversations. I have not yet found myself using any of these new words; I’m still learning and getting to understand when and how to use them. After a vocabulary test, these words stay in my head, I rarely forget a word that I have just recently learned. In this class, most of the words I have run into I have never herd. The strategies that we use to learn the words help a lot because we use them in practice sentences and other sources. Before I started attending read 56, I never had a lot of practice on vocabulary, not even in high school. Now that I am reading and looking for words that I don’t understand, I can notice them and point them out quickly. I’ll study one word over and over until I understand the proper meaning of that word before I go on to my next word. At the end of my studying I’ll go over all of them and try to use them in sentences. Sometimes I’ll also try to use them in sentences while talking to my family members. Sometimes they’re surprised at some of the words I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment