Thursday, October 1, 2009

One event in my life that shaped who I am today would be when I stopped going to high school. It was my sophomore year when I made a decision that I will regret for the rest of my life. At the time, I thought that school was a waste of my time and I could never understand what was so important about it. So without thinking of any outcomes it may cause, I stopped attending school and started hanging out with the wrong crowd, who also didn’t like school. My family never would’ve thought that I stopped going to class, because I always played it off like I was still doing good. As time went by, it had been months when I started to realize what I was missing out on. I really started to think about my future and where I was going to end up. I knew that I did want to make something of myself but couldn’t without a degree in anything. I guess you can say that I grew up in many ways, for example; the way I think now is different in every way than the way I thought then. After many deep thoughts about my future, I enrolled back in high school. It was a continuation school, I liked it a lot more than I used to. I was able to talk to my teachers about any problems. Until finally I caught up in all my credits and was able to graduate early. Now when I think of this dumb move I made, it just makes me sick.

2 comments:

  1. It was the total opposite with me. While you were hanging with the wrong crowd, I had no crowd to hang with. I was a loner, a looser in high school. While everybody had friends in high places, I had the teachers as friends and inspiration in my life. Things did not go well for me in high school I guess you could say. Especially at Prom, things were so bad there that I had a friend outside of school rescue me. Prom not a fond memory and as they say you only get one Prom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your reflection it was great. I understand hanging with the wrong crowd because it happened to me my senior year. Although I didn’t drop out of high school, I congratulate you on going back to school. It’s great to see you realized that your future would be done if you didn’t finish high school. Great job and I hope for you the best.

    ReplyDelete